Friday, January 23, 2009

Easy Bake Oven!!!

Do y'all remember Easy Bake Ovens? Lily got one for Christmas. She even asked for it. It's really cute, and she had so much fun doing it. I guess I am really anal when it comes to cooking and cleaning. It's so hard for me to let go and let them just do it. That's one of the reasons I got this for her. I knew she would love it, and it would be good for me too. The only bad thing is you have to bake one cookie at a time. So, 6 cookies times 8 minutes a cookie, equals a very happy child and a very frazzled mom. (We lost Emma after the second cookie.) I really didn't know what to expect from it. I had never played with one before. Here's what you get. This nifty microwave looking oven, pans, utensils, and packets of goodies. And you buy a 100 watt light bulb for the cooking.
Here's the oven.

Now, you would think that this thing opens like a microwave, but nope. It has a slot on the side that you slide the pan in and another slot on the other end to slide it out.
See? In...

...out!

We decided that our first attempt would be sugar cookies. Here they are in the package.


You see the small writing? It says "Food shown larger than actual size."


It's not lying. I wish I had a picture that shows you to scale, but I don't. They were so tiny. The plate they are on is a huge plate, so that helps to see a little. Anyway, we cooked them up and iced them. Only the icing was suppose to be purple, and it ended up clear with purple clumps.

Before pic...


...and after.

They were actually really good. They tasted just like sugar cookies. Even the clear and purple clumpy icing was good.


I made her wait until everyone could try them together.
She was very patient. It took longer than I thought, I looked up and I found her waiting...patiently.

Too cute!

So after daddy got ready for work we all had a little taste testing.

We were very impressed. Next on the menu is cake. I have heard that one can be a little messy. But I'm ready! Bring it on!

No comments: