Finally!

10 years ago today, I married my best friend. I had waited a long two years to finally marry him. I know we were young, but I knew the minute I laid eyes on him he would be my husband. (Ask my mom if you don't believe me.)

I could not wait until our wedding. It was a LONG summer. There were a lot of things going on in my family that put a shadow over the wedding, but by the time August rolled around, I didn't care about anything but marring the man of my dreams. The day was perfect, and even though it was August the weather was beautiful. It had sprinkled on our rehearsal, and then stayed cool for the next day. We had the pleasure of my grandfather performing the ceremony. He did my parents wedding and Isaac and Sabrina's wedding. After the ceremony, my grandfather read letters that our parents wrote us, and as we kissed our first kiss as husband and wife my two brothers shot off fireworks over us. It was just perfect! The next hour at the reception flew and before I knew it, Neil was asking if I was ready to go. I loved the party, but I couldn't wait to start the honeymoon!

Neil and I met at Leadership Camp on August 9, 1997. Actually, we met at Southwest Church of Christ in Amarillo, where all the youth groups meet up to travel to camp together. I shook his hand, said I had heard a lot about him, and then sat on the sidewalk with Candice whispering about how cute he was. We talked all weekend at camp, we had our first kiss the night of the big hike, we said goodbye the next day and I thought, well, now what? That night, I told my mom I didn't want to talk to anyone. My boyfriend called and Mom said "she's busy." And then, I was taking a bath, and my mom knocks on the door and says, "Camie, there's a boy on the phone asking to talk to you. And it's not **** (the other guy)." I flew out of the tub, grabbed a towel, and flew to the phone. And of course it was Neil. We talked for a while, with me dripping on the carpet. And the rest, as they say is history. Neil went broke calling me, I spent what little I had calling him, we saw each other whenever we could, and two years to the day that we met, we married.
We have been so blessed with a love only God could have put together, two beautiful little girls, and so much more.
Neil, I love you more and more everyday. I know that the day I was made, God had you in mind for me. God has blessed me more than I could have ever imagined! Thank you for being such a hard worker, sensitive man, good Christian, and such a wonderful daddy. Our girls couldn't have asked for a better daddy!
Happy anniversary! I'm looking forward to many more!

No comments:
Post a Comment