Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Parties!

I am exhausted! I just spent an hour, running between two classes, helping with two Christmas parties. We had tons of food. Probably twice as much as either class could eat. But I'm thrilled that parents actually came and helped out! We had so many people in both classes. So much better than the two last year. I did take my camera, but wasn't able to take many pictures. I ended up having to put the camera up so I could run around. But I did take a couple.


This is Lily playing pin the star (the red bow) on the tree. That's her teacher in the red sweater. She is just the best teacher for our girls. She had Emma reading before she was out of Pre-k, and I am certain Lily will be doing the same!


Here is Lily waiting for a candy cane from Santa. They weren't able to do their pictures with him this year. I'm not sure what happened. There were different excuses, from a family member dying, (they actually told pre-k this) to his sleigh breaking down. (This was told to the 1st grade.) So, they were excited to see him. Lily was especially excited because she wasn't scared of him. This is huge, because last year, when he came to Thursday school, she was hiding under the table crying until they brought her to me. It took me about 5 minutes to calm her down so we could go stand about 4 feet from him to get a candy cane. The little girl in the middle, wearing blue, is her best friend Kara. She is pretty sweet. Her older sister is in Emma's class and one of her good friends. When Lily and Kara leave each other, they have to hug each other. This afternoon, Kara said, "Lily! Hugs and kisses!" So they hugged and kissed each other goodbye. So cute!


She didn't get close enough to actually touch him, except for his hand, but hey, she never ran to a table, so I am so proud of her!!!!!


I didn't get to take many pictures in Emma's class. I walked in after Santa gave her a candy cane. So, here she is drinking her juice. She had lots of fun! I wish I had gotten some pictures of her with her friends and teacher. But there's always next time.

They had their programs last night, and they were awesome. So, I'll go and write about that.

Bye!