Sunday, December 7, 2008

My Poor Emma

This girl has become a magnet for bees. A couple of weeks ago, she was standing in the living room holding Cade. She was walking over to the couch when she stepped on a sticker. Down went Cade. He landed gently, but we let her know that when you are holding a baby, you have to put them down gently, then take care of yourself. She was tending to her owie and I asked her to pick up the big, black sticker. She kinda freaked out when she saw it was a bee. She really thought she was gonna be sick. Poor baby. She had stepped on the bee and gotten stung. Thankfully we now know she is not allergic to bees. This was very good information to know today, because she got stung yet again. And not by usual means once again. Ya know, a bee landing on you and stinging you. Oh no. She can't be easy about. She has to be creative. She was sitting at the table with Lily eating her chili dog this afternoon, when she took a drink from her can. Yelp, she took a drink of a bee. Neil and I heard a splat, and we thought she spilled her drink. She came running into the living room saying she got stung by a bee in her mouth. She was really upset. So, I took her in the bathroom to clean up, and I looked in her mouth. On the side of her tongue was the stinger. So, I took that out, we cleaned her up, and I went looking for a bee. Sure enough, he was next to her chair. Just a little black bee, just like before. I think we will be pouring our drinks into a cup from now on. Thank goodness Neil was home, or we might have had to take a trip to town. But he kept me rational, and I kept Emma rational. My poor baby!

It is starting to swell a little on the lower right hand side. Thankfully, it's not hurting her any. We did give her some Benadryl. So, maybe it will go down soon. I still can't believe her tongue got stung by a bee!

No comments: