Actually, I've wanted to get on here, but I was sitting on some big news and just couldn't do it. :) And then I was so absolutely exhausted that I could hardly move off the couch, so the blog got left behind for a bit.
I actually knew I was pregnant on the last post. I had found out the night before, and I was still in shock. Yes, we were trying, but I really didn't think it was our month. I was disappointed, but I kept telling myself "In God's timing, not mine!" And to my pleasant surprise I was wrong! I had gone to Lubbock with a very good friend of mine the day before, and I was wiped out. I even texted her asking if we really had done as much as it felt we did. The next day, I just couldn't wait, and took a test. I can't even describe what I felt when I saw that second line. It was like finding out I was pregnant with Emma all over again. I grabbed the girls, and we headed to town to get a digital test. I just needed it to say "PREGNANT". No guessing, no interpenetrating, no "I think it's a line, but I'm not sure". We got home, and I took it, and sure enough, 2 LONG minutes later, "PREGNANT!!"
(I think they should add the !! to the tests!)
This was a day before I should have taken a test, and it was very positive, so I shouldn't have guessed. I just couldn't believe it. I took pictures, and since I couldn't wait, I emailed Neil a picture of the digital and said "HOLY MOLY!" And called him to tell him to check his email. Yes, I told my husband we were having another baby in an email! I've always had a hard time waiting to tell him. We were both so happy and excited, and very terrified. After losing our last pregnancy, we were both terrified it would happen again. I think Neil has asked me if I was ok at least 20 times a day. So, we sat on our news and waited. I was dying to tell people, but it was fun having this secret.
My doctor put me on progesterone, just to make sure my levels stayed healthy for the baby. I was going in every week for a blood draw, and I'm happy to say my levels have been great! On January 12th, Neil and I went for my first nurse visit. Usually, it's just a visit to learn everything there is to know, but I had asked for an early ultrasound, so they went ahead and did one. She stuck the wand on me and warned me that I was still very early and she wasn't good at this. I was so nervous and couldn't quit shaking. She pressed into my stomach and said, there it is! WE HAVE A HEARTBEAT!!!! I made sure she saw it, and then lost it! I was so relieved! She wanted us to see, so she kept at it, and sure enough there was a little flicker. It was beautiful! She printed me off pictures, and sent us on our way. We were thrilled, and the best part was, we could finally tell the girls.

When Neil finally got home that night, I had the camera set to the side, so we could get the girls reaction on video. I called the girls in and had them sit in front of us on the floor. Neil asked the girls how their days had been. They said good. Then he said, "Ask Mom how her day went." I said, my day has been very good. Emma shouted out "YOU'RE PREGNANT!!!!" I said yes, and Emma hugged me. Lily just stood their with her mouth hanging open. She couldn't believe it. They were so excited! That's all we talked about for the rest of the night.
It was such a relief and joy to tell the girls they were gonna be big sisters, or as Emma puts it for herself "extra big sister." We got to tell our families, and friends. It was so much fun because I think most of them thought we were done. And we thought we were. But pretty much as soon as the decision was made to be done, we decided maybe we could have another. The girls have loved playing their roles, I already have several pictures made by them for the baby. They read "We love you baby, and God does too!" I think they are so sweet, and intend to keep them safe so the this baby can read them and know he/she was so loved and anticipated.
Our new adventure has begun, and we are so excited to be doing this together!
No comments:
Post a Comment