My kids are getting absolutely too big!



It should be against the law for time to fly as fast as it has!
The girls are both playing basketball. I love watching them play. I am so excited to watch them grow in the sport. They are both doing great in school, and in just a few weeks, I will have a 2nd grader and 4th grader in my home. Sniff, sniff!
Owen is growing like a weed!! He is crawling every where, pulling up on everything, and just being the sweetest baby ever! He eats like a champ and I'm very nervous about our grocery bill when this boy gets to be a teenager! He is also sleeping on his own! I actually have a child who is sleeping in there own bed before they start school!! Yay us! When we were pregnant, we said we were NOT gonna start that. And we did really well. Owen slept in his cradle the first part of the night and then crawled in with us when he got hungry. With the flood, we have moved into his room, and he has moved into his crib! He is doing so well. He gets hungry around 4ish, but that's still awesome!! The best part? He is putting himself to sleep at night! I always helped the girls to sleep when they were little, so it's been an adjustment. I miss rocking him, but I know he is better off doing it on his own. I even started putting him down, awake, for naps today! And he did very well. The first few days were sooooo hard at night. He screamed for over an hour. And finally, exhausted himself out and fell asleep sitting up.

He did this for a couple of nights, but now, he just cries for a few minutes and then lays down. Thankfully! My heart couldn't take the screaming!!
Our house has gone thru some major makeovers. I can not wait to be done with it! I have so much to look forward to! Our master bedroom is going to be awesome! Neil is making it really nice for us. My bathroom is getting a shower!! So so excited about that! And my house is getting ALL new carpet! That might be the best thing ever! It's gonna be an all new house! Can not wait!
The other day, Owen and I went to Aunt Teresa's house for a play date with her and Samuel. They had so much fun and were so cute! They just happened to have almost matching outfits on.

I'm so happy they are close in age. It will be so much fun raising them together!
Tomorrow, we are headed to Amarillo for my grandfather's 80th birthday. Dad called and asked us to meet them at Rosa's. That place has a special place in my heart because we told them we were expecting Owen there! That boy has brought so much joy to all our lives. I am so glad God blessed us with him. I tell Neil every once in a while, "Thank you for letting us have another baby!" I couldn't imagine our lives with out all 3 of our babies!
Ok, so, that's where we are right now. I am so busy with doing things for the church, the kids' activities, and home makeovers, that it seems we can hardly catch our breaths. Next weekend we head to Dallas for LTC (Leadership Training for Christ). Please pray for these kids and us adults who are going with them. Emma is loving learning about the Bible, Revelation to be exact. I love that she's loving it. Basketball will be over with, except for tournaments, next week. And the house should be done within a couple of months. I am so ready for the summer and the slower pace it seems to bring. We are not doing baseball this year. We have decided to just do swim lessons, including a Mommy and Me course for Owen. And then just hanging out. Neil and I will head down to Austin like usual. Except we are taking our son with us. I don't handle being away from our babies well when they are so small. So, the girls will head to Dumas, and we'll head south with the boy. And hopefully, we can squeeze in a family vacation in there somewhere.
I'm sorry the blog has lacked over the last year. But, it was for a good reason. (: Having Owen has just completely changed our lives. We all are so in love with that little guy. Having lost a baby ourselves, and the loss our family members have had, we just know how blessed we are to have 3 healthy, beautiful children. We have spent the time loving on them like crazy! So, hopefully, I can start posting more. I have missed it. And I know how much I love documenting our sweet lives. So, hang in there with us. We would love to share it with yall!
Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you.
Psalm 116:7
No comments:
Post a Comment