Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Lily!

My baby turned 5 years old a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe my girls are growing up so fast! We had lots of fun celebrating her day. I had tons of Mommy guilt because on her birthday we admitted my grandmother into the nursing home. So, all the attention wasn't completely on her. But we did meet up with Uncle Ikey and his family at Chucky E. Cheese. We had hours of fun. We just let her play until her little heart was content. She got lots of good stuff. Lots of movie! Which is a great thing. We love movies. Mom got her Pinocchio and her GG got her Mary Poppins.


We got her a Barbie movie, Dora movie, and Madagascar 2. So, she is set with movies. Well, until Easter, and the Easter bunny got each of them a movie.


Emma got her a pair of sunglasses. They were Tinkerbell. She loved them.


I think her two favorite gifts were her Princess Ro dress and her umbrella. We gave her a princess party, and she so wanted to be Princess Ro. Of course the movie came out ages ago, and I thought there was no way that I would find a dress. I hadn't see it in a long time. But, thankfully, I was walking around Target one day and found one! I barely looked at the price tag. I was so exicted to find one. So, she was thrilled.

I just love the look on her face here. We have had to remind her numerous times, that an umberella is used outside. Not inside, as a shield to protect herself from her sister.


Here's Emma and Lily with some of Lily's loot. And, apparently, it's raining in Grandma's house. :) She was so cute in the outfit. She would not take it off. We walked around the nursing home and the store with her in it. Everyone thought she was so cute.


As I said earlier, we took the girls to Chuck E. Cheese. We had so much fun. And it was nice spending time with Uncle Isaac, Aunt Sabrina, and Destiny and Kade.


Here is Emma in front of the band. Lily is skittish of people in costumes, so she admired them from a far.


While we waited for the pizza and the rest of the family, we decided to spend some of our coins. The girls love skee ball. Actually, everyone in our family loves this game, so that's where most of our coins were spent.


While we waited for everyone else to finish their pizza, Lily noticed the cotton candy and the balloons. So, I grabbed her a bag of pink cotton candy. She loved it. And she got a Chuck E Cheese balloon, but I don't have a pic of that.

Gotta love people taking your picture while you are eating!


Here is her dessert pizza we used as a cake. I thought it was really cute.


...us singing Happy Birthday! to Lily...



...Lily driving...


...playing the drums...


...driving again!

Emma got to say hi to Chuck E.

We had the girls combine their tickets and they got 251. They did really good! Of course all they picked out was junk, but they love that junk!

We went up to the nursing home the next day to sing Happy Birthday to Lily with Grandma and GG. We wanted them to see her blow out her candles.


Here we all are. Four generations. Most of you probably know this, but up until a week and a half ago, we had 5 generations of women/girls in our family. There was Lily and Emma, then me, then my mother, my grandmother, and my great grandmother. My grandmother past away a week ago, but we still have my great grandmother. She will be 101 in August.

Anyway, that was Lily's birthday. She had an awesome party, and I will post pics of that in a little bit.

Happy birthday Lilybug! We love you!

No comments: